Design – Draftsman
The Design – Draftsman will provide drafting services exclusively for Sustainable Modular Management, Inc.
• Work with the Design Manager to produce timely proposals including preliminary drawings for project bids. This would include initial floor plans, steps, deck and ramp drawings, electrical layouts, etc.
• Review manufacturer’s drawing packages to ensure compliance with RFPs and SMM purchase orders as well as SMM’s Scope of Work (SOW)
• Assist the Design Manager and Project Manager’s in the assembly of submittals as required.
• Work with the Design Manager to produce site layouts for projects as necessary.
• Work directly with the Design Manager in producing renovation drawings from previously used projects.
• Assist the Design Manager to complete design drawings/ submittals from outside design firms. This would include Fire Protection, Foundation, and Life Safety.
• Organize and maintain project folders with CAD files, PDF drawings, etc.
• Maintain software systems related to design services.
• Performs other drawing duties at the request of the Design Manager.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED at a minimum.
• Previous experience in project management or a similar role.
• Experience in the management of quality control and quality assurance is a plus.
• 1-3 years of commercial construction industry experience is preferred.
• Must have knowledge and understanding of construction blueprints.
• Basic understanding and interpretation of any of the following building codes is a plus.
o International Building Code (IBC)
o International Plumbing Code (IPC)
o International Mechanical Code (IMC)
o National Electric Code (NEC)
o International Energy Conversation Code (IECC)
o NFPA 101 and ADA/ABAA codes
o NFPA 72 – Fire Alarm Systems
o NFPA 13 – Fire Sprinkler Systems
• Fluent in Microsoft Office programs. I.e., Excel, Word, Project, etc.
• Highly organized and able to multitask.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills; listening, comprehension, and feedback.
• Must be a self-motivator with a strong work ethic.
• Effective time management skills.
• Critical thinker, innovator, and ability to solve challenging technical problems.
• Willingness to travel when necessary.
• Prolonged periods were spent sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
To apply, please fill out application and email to Ashley Stroud at firstname.lastname@example.org